WordPress Developer, Supporter and Marketing Jobs at WordPress Mechanic
WordPress Mechanic is looking for outstanding people to join our international team. If you are a WordPress fanatic, want to work on projects that reach millions and further your skills and career, we want you.
WPML team during a video conference
How we work
- We can work from anywhere, as long as you have your computer, a strong internet connection and can be productive.
- We encourage innovation and creativity, within a nice and constructive team environment.
- We have regular team meetings (via Zoom or Google hangouts) and use Mattermost to facilitate collaboration among team members.
- We all communicate in English, as we all come from different parts of the World this is our official language.
- We all meet in a nice place once in a while to work together, strengthen relationships and have fun
WordPress Technical Supporters
Being a WordPress Mechanic supporter is about helping people.
We are offering work from home with a very strong team of supporters and developers. We work hard and have fun together. As a supporter, you’ll be working mainly in the support forum. Our support team is divided into smaller teams within similar time zones, where supporters can consult and help each other. Read more ›
WordPress Technical Supporters
We’re looking for outstanding back-end developers located in Europe to join our Development Teams. If you’re passionate about coding, fluent in database architecture and know WordPress API inside and out, we need you.
Besides being really smart, autonomous and a WordPress expert, you need to be a very good team player.
What the role involves
You will work on the backend development team for our plugins used by hundreds of thousands of users on a monthly basis.
Your tasks will span from bug fixing to implementing new features, both expecting that new and changed code is covered by tests.
Additionally, you will be asked to review other developer’s code, interact with the support team to help troubleshooting client’s issues and interact with your and other teams to both share knowledge and help different products work together smoothly.
What is required
- 5-7 years’ experience working as a backend PHP web developer
- At least 3 years’ experience in WordPress plugin and theme development.
- A comprehensive understanding of what it takes to write secure and performant code.
- Excellent understanding of OOP.
- Strong background in efficient database usage with MySQL.
- Experience working with at least one automated testing framework.
- Aware of best practices and experience working with remote teams.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Working in European time zones
- [Preferable] Accessible repositories (GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab, etc.) with some example of code meeting the previous requirements
What you can expect from your work at WordPress Mechanic:
- Face challenges together, in a team
- Learn new tools and techniques
- Get better every day
- Pick your development environment
- Be part of a flat organization, where your voice is always heard
Is this the job you were looking for? Please, send your application and let’s talk.
What we offer
- Work from home or any other place you like
- Work with like-minded people who are smart and creative
- Work on exciting and successful projects
- Have the freedom to create and implement innovative ideas
- Get extensive training supervised by dedicated mentors
- Grow and improve on what you do
- Meet and work with our staff from all over the world
- Have the opportunity to contribute towards the development of world-class WordPress plugins (over 700,000 websites are running our software, and growing)
Some of the perks we offer: a steady full-time job with paid vacations and competitive salary, scholarship program, Knowledge center benefit, home office set-up budget, and more…
OnTheGo Systems team during an annual meeting (Tenerife 2014)